Thursday, June 05, 2003

Just a Geek

Yup, borrowed that from Wil Wheaton. I am planning to purchase his new book, by the way, it sounds amazing from the reviews I have read so far. I am just having a major geek moment today, and figured I would share. See, most people that know me know that I am a big geek. No, no, don't argue - underneath this smooth, polished exterior lies the heart of a major geek.

Case in point: I really haven't gotten as much sleep as I would like lately because I have been playing Dark Age of Camelot. Last night, they instituted a patch that lets me instantly level my characters from the "Gosh I wish I could kill that spider" stage to the "RAWR!!! I will put the HURT on you!" stage. Way too much fun, so, y'know, that justifies staying up until 1:30, right? ... oh, I am a geek, and a bit ashamed at my lack of control. They also added a feature where you can check the time from within the game. That has to be a feature requested by parents. Oh yes, we associate regularly with characters in the game whose controlling humans are 13. They are... interesting. Mostly I just get annoyed by the net speak - even though I understand it (I'm a geek, after all), it just doesn't fit in the Medieval period, and they DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT.

Me: "Drakkel, why are you talking so funny?"

Drakkel: "lol what u mean i m happy 2 b here.

*sigh*

No comments: