Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Must... Not... Snap...

In the "Ten Items or Less" aisle this afternoon, the woman in front of me was buying 30 cans of Fancy Feast(R) catfood. Yeah, like that counts as one item. Well, it would have in my book if the cashier didn't have to stand there and count them and then SCAN ONE CAN THROUGH 30 TIMES. Beep. Beep. Beep. Ooops, missed it that time, try again. Beep. Then the customer paid with a check and had to read her driver's license number to the cashier. When it was finally my turn, the cashier asked me if I would like to stand there and fill out an application for a Winn-Dixie savings card. NO! Does the fact that I am standing in the express lane make you think I would like to hang out in the grocery store all afternoon?

In general, though, I am liking that grocery store more and more. First, they are across the street from the office. Also, they actually have an organic foods section. This is part of my cancer prevention, eating more organic foods, more fruits and vegetables, more whole grains, less partially hydrogenated oils, less dairy, no MSG, that sort of thing. Winn-Dixie even carries Amy's Kitchen(R) frozen foods. If you have not tried them, you are foolish. They are tastier than Lean Cuisine(R) and Healthy Choice(R) frozen foods put together. Also, I would wager that all the so-called healthy choice dinners have things in them that are not on my new healthy diet. I think they should be required to put the healthy in quotation marks.

No comments: