Tuesday, November 12, 2002

Slow News Day

I would like to preface this by saying that we didn't have any tornadoes in North Carolina this week-end. Sure, they thought we might, and the weather took lives not too far from here. But mostly it just rained.

That being said, I think the news coverage went just a bit overboard on this whole weather topic. My fiance, being an employee of a bank, got yesterday off. He said that every five minutes there was a weather update to say OH MY GOD IT'S RAINING! RAIN HITS THE TRIANGLE! HEAVY RAIN! WE MIGHT HAVE A TORNADO! and then five minutes later STILL RAINING! RUN FOR COVER! THE SKY APPEARS TO BE FALLING! Now, this may be big news since we had a drought all summer. They didn't ever get to tell us about rain, and they saved it all up.

The other complaint I have is that there were about five accidents blocking traffic this morning because during the drought everyone forgot how to drive in rain. At least that's my theory. Did they bring us traffic every 15 minutes? Every 30? No! Traffic at 8:00, then HEAVY RAIN HITS THE TRIANGLE every 15 minutes thereafter. Hey, bozo, I can look out the window and tell that it's raining. Tell me where traffic is actually getting through.

No comments: