Thursday, September 05, 2002

Boobs, Week 7: The Final Week

As of this morning, I only have two more treatments left. These final ones are focused on the site of the cancer, and so the underside of poor Lefty is already on the mend. In order to target the correct area, we had a ten-minute holding still session, followed by the ceremonial drawing of a circle-ish shape on my boob. Now, I am part of their tribe.

I'm not supposed to wash the circle off, since they need it for the last five treatments. You know how mothers tell their children to wear clean underwear in case they are in an accident? I have been a tad fearful that I will get in an accident this week and they will have to cut off my clothes. What do you think paramedics would make of, say, a bright blue circle on the victim's boob? Yeah, that's what I thought, too.

No comments: