Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Dude, You Should Totally Ask Her Out

I just walked past the office of an attorney down the hall, and did that glance in thing - you know, you're casually strolling past, and you just casually look in there, even though you have absolutely no business looking. I think it's instinctual, this compulsion to be completely aware of what's behind door numbers 1, 2, and 3. I mean, if the caveman didn't glance into every cave he passed, he could be lunch, right?

Anyway, the attorney was on the phone, as is normal for attorneys, I'm learning. So here he is talking to a client, presumably, and he's all curled up sideways in his chair with his feet dangling over his desk. I fully expected to hear him giggle and say, "So what did she say about me? Does she think I'm cute?" I think that seeing that will give me new perspective the next time I have to make a work-related telephone call.

No comments: