Friday, February 07, 2003

Ow

My back hurts. I think I hurt it trying to pull wet clothes out of the washing machine, which sound incredibly wussy, but there you have it. I hurt it Sunday, and it got better and better and then yesterday got worse again. It's funny how your perspective changes when there's a persistent voice in the back of your head saying "ow ow ow ow ow." Activities that I didn't even think twice about I now dread. I think it got worse yesterday because I went to the grocery store for a few things and - *gasp* - walked around some. Sneezing really sucks. Also, coughing, drying my hair, feeding the cat... bleah.

I made a phone call to a massage therapist that works in the same building that I do. I had to hang up the first time because I was laughing at how funny his British accent sounded saying MAA-sage. But I overcame. We are still playing phone tag, but hopefully he will be able to make me stand upright again. It has been very embarrassing to walk around the building like I'm 80 - I have developed this little waddle that feels pretty good but looks so ridiculous I want to laugh as I walk around. But laughing hurts.

No comments: