Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Of All the Luck

The asshole who cut me off in traffic this morning, you know the one, the one who waits until the lanes are merging and then decides that he has to be right in front of you at the last minute? Yeah. I was behind him after that point, and even though he was going about 20 miles over the speed limit, ended up behind him once we exited. Then, he turned where I turned. Then, he pulled into my parking lot and parked.

Now, as upset as I was when he cut me off, I was ecstatic in equal part when he ended up at my destination. I mean, how often do you get the chance to actually see the guy that drives like that? Not only that, but possibly to hold the door for him as he enters the building? I hurried out of my car, if only to be able to point out to him that cutting me off didn't get him in the door any faster.

I think he was on to me. He didn't even get out of the car until I was in the building, and then suddenly he had something very interesting in the trunk of his car that he had to look at. In retrospect, I guess it was all for the best.

No comments: